for mark

May your GOD be your fishing partner.

From: markflie...@hotmail.com
To: desert-tr...@hotmail.com
Subject: for the list........
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:20:48 -0600

Well, we got home last yesterday............surfice it to say i just simply
don't have time to answer well over 500 emails that have pilled up. So i'm
deleting most.............of the vfb stuff.
The Whiting Farms tour, etc., etc........was TERRIFFIC! Boy did we have fun.
Doc Whiting was a very good host. He hasn 't yet decided who will be the new
team manager. When he does, he will be sending out new "forms" for all of us to
fill out..........us, being new propective members of the team. And he'll be
making up new shirts...........actually i haven't decided if we should go with
Whiting or just stay with the Jay Fair Eagle Team...........with Jay Fair we
get lots of other things along with hackle.......Chenilles, Marabou, Dubbings,
Hen Backs, etc......Jay Fair was at the Conclave and promised to do certain
"things."  ..............
Conclave was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! The tyers and liars BBQ for just the tyers was
really a cool event..........we had a grreat raffle, a blind bugger contest, a
two people (one left hand, one right hand) tyin' contest, and Oscar Flieu
played while we all sang..........btw, i will be nominating Oscar for next
year's Buz Buzeck award. John Newbury won it this year and i'm personally VERY
happy for him. He's a great guy who definately deserves it. Oscar sang (as we
all did), at the Sat. grand finallie BBQ as well.........i was so wiped out by
then i could hardly eat..........well, lmao. All day, four days in a row, was a
lotta tyin'. I gave away well over 2 dozen flies.....and Al Beaty asked for one
for some publication.......?????..........i can't even remember which right
now. Things we fast amd furious all week. I got my pic on the front page of the
local newspaper...........lol. Nice article bout the Conclave.
We tried pout best not to go to crazy spending...........here's how it brakes
down, after food, gas, hotel, etc., etc.........
Whiting Farms shopping........a little over $250 in hackle. Bout 25 "pieces."
Other materials at the Conclave.....bout $90 (a crap load of Salmon Fly
materials at unreal good prices)
One book, $53 (Flies As Art by Paul Willock)
One fly plate, $200 (6 gorgeous flies tyed by members of the local club at this
year's Northwest Fly Tyers Expo in Albany, OR.)
One DVD, $25 (Tyin' with Biots by Bill Heckle)
One other book, $17 (Dry Flies by Al Beaty)
And that's it.................
Misa and Leslie's class went GREAT.....it was limitied to 8 student and they
had 7.........first half of the day they learned to tye Czech Nymphs and the
second half of the day they learned to fish them with ALL students catching
fish. Everything really went well. They did however have to wait out a very
serious storm at one point........they all got under some trees and just
waitied til it passed.
The "word" on where the Conclave will be next year is still not out yet. My
guess is West Yellowstone........that's in the wind. There's a couple other
maybes.....but West is my best guess. Big changes at the FFF are in store for
the future. The city of Loveland, CO. is still courting the FFF and still wants
us to come there. But, time will tell on that one. The FFF is currently locked
into it's lease for office space in Livingston, MT. for the next 18 months, and
cannot brake that deal.
The space used for the show in the Embassy Suites in Loveland was a terriffic
venue for the Conclave and it may be there again next year.............another
one of the possibilities. The hotel staff was really great. And there's your
short summary. Later........

Windows Liveā„¢: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.