From: f...@tribcsp.com
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VFB] Re: Knife for the backpack...
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:48:24 -0600

I've carried a Swiss Champ for 30 years (yes, the
same one- never lost).  It's an inch wide with about evey tool I've ever
needed -outside of mechanical work (or matches).  I consider it
indispensible when camping, hunting, and fishing, though I must say I have
bigger and better tools for most of the knife functions.  But if I'm ever
lost or stranded, it's on my belt and will get me by.

Good idea for a new thread- our survival
gear.