Jimmy,
The list seems to be fading away like a number of others.
Tony

--- On Tue, 8/18/09, Jimmy D. Moore <ray...@earthlink.net> wrote:

From: Jimmy D. Moore <ray...@earthlink.net>
Subject: [VFB] Oh, for the Good Ole Days !
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 2:38 PM

I wrote this just before Christmas 2003.  The lack of the fun type posts
we used to share is the very reason you don't see me post to the list. Today,
I have nothing else to do and in trying to ease the pains of Pneumonia, came
across this old post from me to the list.  You can beat on me or whatever,
but if I feel this way, I'm sure there are other old timers who now lurk
instead of post.

JIMMY D

Wow, the last two days on the VFB have been something to behold.  I've learned
soooo much!  I learned that Hans can cast 40 feet just using a broomstick.
 I learned that Henk can cast 40 feet with just his hand. I learned
Tony's flight instructor was SNOOPY.  I learned that Mark Romero
once lived in a Cop Car. I learned that Patrick's truck blew up.  I
learned that Mike's computer crashed. I learned that Bart found
a great buy in an Orvis bamboo.  I learned that Allan doesn't like
to tie Mayflies.  I learned that I can't tie Tandem flies.  I learned
that Chris Chapman set a new record, tying three flies in two
hours.  I learned a million ways to keep thread from unraveling from a spool.
I learned that  Di Soma shops the flower section of Michaels. I learned
that Del  is an expert tyer of furled leaders. I learned that  Paul
Marriner ain't done yet. I witnessed the NEW Furled Leaders thread
dying in just three days.  I withessed the new Spine vs Spline thread
only lasting a little over a day.  Boy, I learned a whole lot! I also
learned that We're Family !

 But the most important thing I learned is that our DUTCH Lowlander friends,
Hans and Henk have a sense of HUMOR after all! :-P

 Have A Great Day!

 JIMMY  D

--

JIMMY D. MOORE, ARS  WB5RHT