From: Joyce <westpha...@gmail.com>
Subject: [VFB] Re: multiple tools-scissors domfort
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Friday, August 21, 2009, 5:40 PM

I have and love my Dr. Slick, also an Ice scissors, but, my very favorite is
a cheap (I think I paid $2.98) Griffiths tying scissor which has one blade
serrated and which I put in the brake in car class and put a bend in it just
1/2 inch above the scissors handle, this modified shape perfectly fits my
hand and is so comfortable that I can tie for hours and not even notice that
my arthritic hands are holding a scissors. You might wish to try bending the
scissors like this on a cheap pair first to see if it makes your scissors
more comfortable and your life easier. The same thing can be done by putting
your scissors end in a vise and then using a large wrench to grasp the
scissors handle and move it down. Joyce