From: jim phillips <desert-tr...@hotmail.com>
Subject: [VFB] FW: fly tying costs
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Friday, September 11, 2009, 10:14 PM

#yiv525469092 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv525469092 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

FROM MARKI

May your GOD be your fishing partner.

Subject: RE:
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:55:19 -0600

#yiv525469092 .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
#yiv525469092 .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

$350 to $400 doesn't even get you a decent vise and a good set of
tools...........that was spoken like a true fly shop owner, lmao.
suck 'em in easy...........sink the fangs...............and "Drink the Blood."
i'd have to say that if you wanna save money.........buy your
flies.............course, that's only if your gonna buy what you need for your
fishin', and that's IT. But nobody does that..........most fly fishers, and ALL
fly tyers, collect flies. So there goes a certain amount of $ right there. i
have no way Jose' of a way to know what i have "invested" in vises, tools,
materials, hooks and beads......but it's a small fortune by any stretch of
the imagination. When you add in the VHS videos, DVD's, books, and all the rest
of it.......not to mention the artwork, and the tackle and gear........OH, and
the canoe and the kick boat............well, let's just say........."Choices."
Besides, who needs a villa in San Tropea anyway. LMAO! ..........did a mention
the fly collection........?