From: iainsh...@hotmail.com
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VFB] Re: We Need a BLacklist
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:21:58 +0000

Whilst I can understand the feelings of people who are running swaps or entered
into swaps, and have to cope with dropouts who fail to apologize or give reason
for failing to complete their agreed task, Blacklists are an unwelcome and
ineffective way of getting flies in on time.
The last person I heard about in the US who really liked blacklists was Senator
Joseph McCarthy.....  It would be more effective to encourage good manners and
announce our dropping out as soon as is known.
The VFB is an unusual group of people, Poor to wealthy, Blue collar to
scientist, mostly without any connection or interest other than fishing flies.
Our commitments as individuals to house and work will of course result in these
individuals dropping off the grid from time to time.  We should only wish them
well and hope they can feel welcome to return sometime.
But it would be polite for all of us to say if they are dropping out of the
damn swap.
iain

From: nev.gosl...@shaw.ca

It seems to me that we need to establish a blacklist of those persons who sign
up for a swap and then fail to communicate with the swap master or other swap
participants.  It is ok if a person has to drop out for valid reasons, or even
if they have taken too much on and can't continue AS LONG AS THEY COMMUNICATE.
Those that do not communicate should be balcklisted and stuck off IMHO.  BY
taking a position in the swap, it is quite possible that they have prevented
someone else from participating.

Neville (Nev) Gosling,
Greater Vancouver, B.C.
Canada

From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Mark Romero

Iain, i've tried to get ahold of John Bennett 3/4 times in the last few
months..........no luck. mark

From: iainsh...@hotmail.com

Still waiting for flies
iain

SECOND Traditional Winged Wet Fly Swap
If you entered both swaps you only pay postage once.
If you entered both swaps dress Different fly's for each swap please.

Tie ELEVEN flies, toe tag them,send them to me by the end of august.
Enclose 3 US dollars for return postage
iain short, 29 Rothesay Terrace, Bedlington, Northumbria, NE225PT. ENGLANDAll
flies must be clearly marked second swap !

Name your fly

1. Deb Duran - Peter Ross Variant - - ARRIVED
2. Dan Gober - Professor -
3. Iain Short - Peter Ross  - - - - - - ARRIVED
4. Mark Romero - Mallard and Claret - ARRIVED
5. Garry Smith - Grizzly King - - - - -  ARRIVED FIRST (& wins prize)
6. Reuven Segal -
7. Rene Zillmann - Teal Blue & Silver - ARRIVED
8. George Vincent - Teal & Green - -  ARRIVED
9. David Mason - Guinea Hen  - - - -  ARRIVED
10.John Bennett -
11.Mike Bliss - Liberty - - - - - - - - - ARRIVED

</HTML<BR

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now