From: Jeff Frye <bighawk...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [VFB] Re: conclave
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, October 5, 2009, 6:11 PM

Tony, tyer attendance is low because the tying chair is working off the same
list every year. We have over 100 FFF members in our club and nobody got asked
to tie. In fact no contact was made to our club to see if anybody was
interested in tying nor has there ever been any contact of that sort. Last year
the Junior Tyer of the Year was not invited. When you work off the same list
every year, some folks die, some move away and some just stop showing up. It
doesn't take a wizard to figure that you eventually have a sparse room. 2 years
ago, when our club put on
 the Conclave, I convinced Toby to come back after he swore he would never tie
again. I called Bear and asked him to please invite Toby and he told me to have
him send in 6 flies for review and he'd get back to him. When I started coming
 to Sowbug, I barely knew how to tie. You told me I'd be just fine and I was. I
haven't missed my session since. Since then we've been able to add 3 more folks
from here to the roster. I could fix it but that ain't gonna happen.