Bud is an astounding tyer. And he's only been tyin' for bout 4 yrs. or so. Just
one of those guys............and it all started on a dare or a challange that
he couldn't do it..........so he did.

Anyway.........setting full feather wing wings, IS a challange............but
like anything else.....the more you do it, the better you get. The main couple
of things is to just get familier with the nature of the Rachis on all the
different feathers by handling them a lot. And then knowing how to prepare the
different feathers for mounting.

Far as beads go.......i have no preference, at least in terms of diameter
(inside or out), or length.........i see a bead and i like it. i buy
it.......most of the time..............sometimes if my wife is with
me..............she squashes that, lmao. One cool thing is, a bead doesn't
nessessarily have to be expensive to be a hip bead to use......i use 40 cent or
$40 beads........just depends. Basically i like them to be as colorfull as
possible and i like them abstract most of the time.......but if a bead "speaks"
to me.....i'll use it. i have so many different types of beads........wood,
bamboo, glass, ceramic, stone, metal, African prayer beads, alll kinds, colors,
shapes, and sizes. i've even used curved beads......where i hadda curve the
hook shank to accept it. My favorite beads are lampwork (glass) beads.

Far as Max length is concerned.......say three inches more or
less.........really is no max though. And btw, you may already have a higher
level of skill than i have........you just gotta discover it........and you
have to be driven to spend the time at the vise.

> Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 22:41:15 +1100
> From: reuven_se...@iprimus.com.au
> To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [VFB] Re: Mandarin
>

> I have seen a lot of Guidry's flies. Hard to believe that the feathers
> seemed destined to be seated next to one another as they are on the
> hook. So fragile, yet 'just meant to be'. I hope to have that level of
> skill one day.
>
> With regards to beads, what inner, outer diameters are you after? What
> is the max length? I will keep my eye's open for something special.

> Mark Romero wrote:
> > Thankx Reuven.....that hook was sent to me by Bud Guidry.....the very
> > well know and spectacular Salmon fly tyer in Louisiana. i tyed the
> > fly as a birthday gift for him. The tail is Argus Pheasent.....and i
> > got the bead in a leather/custome boots shop in Springfield, Missouri.
> > Guy who works at Bass Pro in Springfield, sent me over there to look
> > for skins.....i also got a bunch of rabbitt skins there, very
> > cheap. The guy saw me lookin' at a skin which was part of a display in
> > the Art section of the Bass Pro store......so he starts up a
> > conversation...........i was out the door like a bullet........without
> > even payin' for what i had in my hands..........which i left with the
> > cashier on the way out the door and hadda come back and take of that
> > later. Snoose, you looze..........i sometimes find beads in the
> > weirdest places.....not nessessarily a bead shop.
> > We go to that Bass Pro store every chance we get..........they gotta
> > resturant in there call Hemmingway's........we always sit at the bar,
> > cause they got this GIGANTIC saltwater aquarium behind the
> > bar.........really relaxing way to eat, watchin' them fish.
> >
> > > Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:51:01 +1100
> > > From: reuven_se...@iprimus.com.au
> > > To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
> > > Subject: [VFB] Re: Mandarin
> > >

> > > One of the cooles flies I have ever seen. Looks like it is coming in to
> > > land. One ofmy favourite 2 of your flies.

> > <http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9690331&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen:112009>

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009