  From: Mark Romero
  To: virtual fly box
  Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 1:51 AM
  Subject: [VFB] last night

  Here's the one i did last night with the CDC over top of the Fin Racoon gaurd
hairs, and the MoHair underneath both. Pics suck.....i just couldn't get it
right. That bead was given to me by a friend in Texas.....wife of the president
of the Red River Fly Fishers. We stay at eachothers houses during their show
over there, the Texoma Tye-In and if we're to tired to make it all the way to
the Fly Fish Texas gig without sleepin' somewhere, and vice-versa during Sowbug
the the FFF S.C.C. It's nice to be able to save eachother hotel. Anyway, a
funny thing happen tonight, which started last night. This fly here has only
one hackle in the collar, and it's off a Saltwater cape, dark
green............but it was sposed to have two hackles, the one it has and
another light green dyed Grizzley saddle feather in front of the dark green
feather..............but, ah........i kinna ran outta
room.........sssssssshhhhh, don't tell nobody. So the feather that never got
wraped is just layin' there tonight, and at one point, i decide to use it. I'll
post that fly later. But what happened after i DID use it, on tonights fly, is
"Something Else." It led to something i had not planned and didn't expect and
it was FUN! i'll fill you in more, when i post the fly........again, the head
still needs at least another coat. These pics here are so horrible.....but it's
no biggie.
  Btw, i chopped a fly tonight.....actually a fly that was maybe half finished
and had been layin' around for 2 years. Never did like what was goin' on with
it...........and it was on a really good and big hook.............so i finally
cut everything off and now i can use that hook all over again. And maybe this
time not screw everything all up. lol......