  From: Don Ordes
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 2:51 PM
  Subject: [VFB] Had to share this one.

  Guys,
  Had to share this- made my day.
  This endorsement ranks right there with Tony's, as they are both equally
famous.  All comments are important to me,
  but those coming from famous tiers carry a lot of weight.  He's also been
tying forever, so it really boosts my confidence.
  For those who don't know Bob, he's an east-coast tier who is world-famous for
his realistic patters, right up there with Blackstone, Whillock, and the others.

  "Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
  Rope Dubbing is a well done DVD clearly demonstrating a variety of dubbing
material techniques on the one thing that often gives tyers (and not just
beginning tyers) trouble- the natural fur and synthetic material dubbing of a
fly's body.  Don, a natural on camera, presents his quick and easy methods in
an unpretentious, best friend demonstration that anyone watching should be able
to pick up on their first try.  Especially interesting was the thicker/thinner
corrections he employs to arrive at the desired thickness. Working a hackle in
with the rope dubbing and thereby completing two tasks at the same time is
nothing short of brilliant.  If you only buy one fly tying DVD this year, and
are looking for something new that will make your tying hours easier, this is
the one."

  Bob Mead

07:34:00