From: iain short <iainsh...@hotmail.com>
Subject: [VFB] FW: You could have heard a pin drop!
To: "VFB-new" <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>, "Paul Bower"
<p_bowe...@hotmail.co.uk>, "Paula Thorne" <paula.th...@btinternet.com>, "Ian
Burns" <iburn...@yahoo.co.uk>, "ray green" <r...@melandmondo.orangehome.co.uk>
Date: Friday, December 11, 2009, 7:39 AM

Subject: FW: You could have heard a pin drop!

#yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass ecxExternalClass .ecxecxhmmessage P
{padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;}
#yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass ecxExternalClass BODY.ecxecxhmmessage
{font-family:Verdana;font-size:10pt;}
#yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass p.ecxMsoNormal, #yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass
li.ecxMsoNormal, #yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoNormal
{margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';}
#yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass a:link, #yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass
span.ecxMsoHyperlink
{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}
#yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass a:visited, #yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass
span.ecxMsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}
#yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass p
{margin-right:0cm;margin-left:0cm;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New
Roman';}
#yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass span.ecxEmailStyle20
{font-family:Arial;color:navy;}
 _filtered #yiv1418041954 {}
#yiv1418041954 .ExternalClass div.ecxSection1
{}

Thomas Crapper & Co. Ltd.,
The Stable Yard,
Alscot Park,
Stratford-on-Avon,
Warwickshire.
CV37 8BL

JFK'S Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60's when
DeGaulle decided to pull out of NATO.  DeGaulle said he wanted all US military
out of France as soon as possible.
Rusk responded
"Does that include those who are buried here?"
DeGaulle did not respond.

You could have
heard a pin drop
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were
taking part, including French and American.  During a break, one of the French
engineers came back into the room saying 'Have you heard the latest dumb stunt
Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami
victims.  What does he intended to do, bomb them?'
 A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly:
'Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred
people; they are nuclear powered and can supply
emergency  electrical power to shore facilities; they have three  cafeterias
with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day,
they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each
day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims
and injured to and from their flight deck.  We have eleven such ships; how many
does France have?'

You could have
heard a pin drop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals
from the U.S. , English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail
reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that
included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in
English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained
that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He
then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these
conferences rather than speaking French?'
Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied,
'Maybe it's because the Brit's, Canadians, Aussie's and Americans arranged it
so you wouldn't have to speak German.'

You could have
heard a pin drop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND THIS STORY FITS RIGHT IN
WITH THE ABOVE...
Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At
French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on.
"You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked
sarcastically.
Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.
"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."
The American said,
'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."
"Impossible. Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France
!"
The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard  look.  Then he quietly
explained,
''Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate
this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to."

You could have
heard a pin drop.
If you are proud to be an American, Canadian, Australian or British pass this
on! If not, delete it.

07:32:00