Most of the time these days, I tie w/ three colors; black, olive & white.
Mostly white. I use Prismcolor markers to get the color I need. W/ the
bobbin hanging from the hook, I run the outside of the wide end along the
thread to get the color I want. Also good for multiple colors.

From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of scott bearden
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 4:59 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] How does jig thread compare in diameter with 6/0 or 3/0?

Chris Helm bought out the remaining stock of Gudebrod thread, but there are
not many colors and sizes left. Orvis' thread doesn't have the complete line
up of colors in every size. I had used Orvis thread before I knew much about
fly tying, in fact it was my first thread I started with. It was Tony that
introduced me to Gudebrod just as they shut things down. Recently I have
subjected Tony to much whining and complaining about finding a suitable
substitute. I think I have found a suitable replacement in Eurothreads
marketed by Hook and Hackle. The orange isn't as bright, but it is just as
thin and lays just as flat as my dwindling supply of Gudebrod. And I can get
it in 3/0 all the way to 12/0.

Scott