Interim Report Of The Interagency Ocean PolicyTask Force September 10, 2009

http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/documents/09_17_09_Interim_Report_of_Task_Force_FINAL2.pdf

A Few excerpts;

"Climate change is impacting the ocean, our coasts, and the Great Lakes.
Increasing water temperatures are altering habitats, migratory patterns, and
ecosystem structure and function. Coastal communities are

facing sea-level rise, inundation, increased threats from storms, erosion,
and significant loss of coastal wetlands. The ocean’s ability to absorb
carbon dioxide from the atmosphere buffers the impacts of climate change,
but also causes the ocean to become more acidic, threatening not only the
survival of individual species of marine life, but also entire marine
ecosystems. The ocean buffers increased global temperatures by absorbing
heat, but increasing temperatures are causing sea levels to rise by
expanding seawater volume and melting land-based ice. Increased temperatures
may eventually reduce the ocean’s ability to absorb carbon dioxide.
Conversely, climate change is predicted to lower the water levels of the
Great Lakes, thereby altering water cycles, habitats, and economic uses of
the lakes. "

"The Administration’s support for accession to the Law of the Sea Convention
reflects several important objectives, including strengthening our Nation’s
ability to participate in and influence international law and policy related
to the ocean. "
"The United States will promote the objectives of this policy by:

• Ensuring a comprehensive and collaborative framework for the stewardship
of the ocean, our coasts, and the Great Lakes that facilitates cohesive
actions across the Federal Government, as well as participation of State,
tribal, and local authorities, regional governance structures,
non-governmental organizations, the public, and the private sector;

• Cooperating and exercising leadership at the international level,
including by joining the Law of the Sea Convention; and

• Supporting ocean stewardship in a fiscally responsible manner. "

Or;

"1. Healthy and Resilient Ocean, Coasts, and Great Lakes

• Protect, maintain, and restore the health and biological diversity of
ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes ecosystems and resources;

• Improve the resiliency of ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes ecosystems,
communities, and economies;

• Bolster the conservation and sustainable uses of land in ways that will
improve the health of ocean, coastal, and Great Lakes ecosystems; and

• Use the best available science and knowledge to inform decisions affecting
the ocean, our coasts, and the Great Lakes, and enhance humanity’s capacity
to understand, respond, and adapt to a changing global environment. "

"Many of these concerns are attributable not only to activities within
marine and Great Lakes ecosystems, but also to actions that take place in
our Nation’s interior. For example, our industries, agricultural and
transportation operations, cities, and suburbs generate various forms of
pollution. Industrial operations emit pollutants, such as nitrogen and
mercury, into the atmosphere that often find their way into the ocean and
Great Lakes. Rain washes residues, chemicals, and oily runoff from our
roadways into our estuaries and coastal waters. Heavy rainfall events can
wash sediment, pesticides, and nutrients from our fields, lawns, and
agricultural operations into our waters. Urban and suburban development,
including the construction of roads, highways, and other infrastructure, as
well as modification to rivers and streams, can adversely affect the
habitats of aquatic and terrestrial species. "

"by joining the Law of the Sea Convention; " America turns over total
control of "ALL" rivers, waterways and coastlines to the UN.

Stop this Garbage NOW.

Jimi
USCG ITWPATWT 100% Vet
I don't remember any expiration Date on my Oath to Service...

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents,
there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original
right of self-defense...." Alexander Hamilton

George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British,
he shot them!
Live free or die fighting!!
We are Many, They are Few.