From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Rodger Oleson
Sent: May 10, 2010 3:44 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [VFB] Problem with tying this critter

Help!!  I've made several tries at melting the mono to get it to look
suitable for the heads of these grubs.  Mine seem to want to melt and bend
away from each other instead of fusing.  I've tried wrapping them with mono
thread before applying heat, tying them to the hooks shank before heating,a
butane cigarette lighter, an alcohol burner and have about run out of things
to try.
I'd appreciate any ideas that might help me make suitable heads for my grub
experiment with this fusing/melting the mono method.

Rodger

Fred Hannie Grubs

http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Hatches/2010/02/23/tying-grubs-by-fred-hann
ie/