Peggy,

Don has described how they swim, but I think you should consider castability a major design criteria. Deer-hair mice are popular for that reason.

Paul

Paul Marriner
Outdoor Writing & Photography. Owner: Gale's End Press. Member: OWAA & OWC. Author of:
(NEW) Atlantic Salmon: A Fly Fishing Reference, A Compendium of Canadian Fly Patterns
(co-author), Stillwater Fly Fishing: Tools & Tactics, How to Choose & Use Fly-tying
Thread, Modern Atlantic Salmon Flies, Miramichi River Journal, Ausable River Journal, and
Atlantic Salmon.

Topic: Mouse fly question <http://groups.google.com/group/vfb-mail/t/bcd213bbd35cd571>

      Peggy Brenner <peggy.bren...@comcast.net> Sep 05 11:30AM -0400 ^
      <#digest_top>
I'm working on a simple mouse pattern, BUT do they swim on the
      surface
      or can they be under water? I'm thinking of using rabbit strips
      for the
      body.
Peggy