Ok, Don,
thanks a lot for your nice comments on my fly. You should see the box of
rejects which will join me on my next fishing trip. Hopefully on
Saturday, My son will take me out... Things are changing,
To my fly:
Background: When you announced the swap I got my new issue of our local
ff mag. It has the Wet Stonefly pattern in it. Well, not ropedubbed, and
they did omit the tails. But I found the construction of the wing, with
the mallard feather and the reinforcing floss (brown wing case) very
interesting, and decided to convert it to a roped pattern.
Method of fishing: Dead drift, as for a large stonefly which has felt
dead into the water.
Quarry and kind of water: Stonefly water, rocky and loaded with trout.

Regards
Rene