To: <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 11:47 AM
Subject: [VFB] Sow Bug Alumni Fly Swap

Here we are almost to the midle of October and no new swaps.

I tried to stir up some interest a few weeks ago, but got none.
Maybe what I suggested was to far-fetched or maybe you guys are
just tired of Jimmy D's swaps.

Below is my suggestion.

SOW BUG ALUMNI SWAP, with each of us tying one of the flies
that we demonstrated tying at one of the Sow bug Conventions.

To participate in this swap, you must have attended at least
one SOW BUG Convention at Mountain Home, Arkansas. In my
recollection, we have upwards of 35 fly tyers total from
the VFB, FFW, and HCFF fly tying/fishing email lists that
have attended at least one Sow bug.

I'd imagine we'll have around 25 tyers participating, so that'd
mean we'd need to tie 24 flies for me, the Swap meister to
sort and send 24 different flies to the participants. I'd like
to have a due date of flies to me of December 15, with the sign
up deadline of November first.

BEFORE I FORGET, I'M ALSO ASKING EACH OF US TO TIE A SPECIAL
FLY FOR TONY SPEZIO, THE FATHER OF THE SOW BUG. YOU AND I
WILL DO SOMETHING SPECIAL WITH THESE FLIES

NO ONE PERSON CONNECTED WITH FLY FISHING/TYING HAS MEANT
MORE THAN TONY SPEZIO IN MY FLY FISHING/TYING EDUCATION. I
ALSO COUNT IT AS ONE OF LIFE'S GREAT PLEASURES, TO CALL TONY
SPEZIO MY FRIEND.

LEMME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE

I tried to come up with a way to keep this a secret from Tony,
but since I've lost my email address book, this was the only
alternative I had to reach Sowbug Alumni. Tony please forgive
me, Old Friend.

JIMMY D