Hi Dono;

Here's a photo I have of some earlier attempts:
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/Waynebh/IMGP0015.jpg

The fly is composed of Gutermans sewing silk abdomen, with a home made wool
dubbing from the following reciepie:  To prepare the dubbing, cut off
approximately 25 inches of natural-shade (#098) "Fisherman's Wool". This is
available from Lion Brand Yarn Company (http://www.LionBrand.com). Next, cut
off 3 inches of True Red (#114) yarn, also available from Lion Brand. The dull
orange (needle felting) wool comes from Felt Works Dimensions and is available
from many craft stores. Take the lengths of Fisherman's Wool and red yarn and
cut into half-inch pieces. First blend the Fisherman's Wool, then the red wool,
then combine the two and mix again in a blender. Once these are blended, tease
out approximately 1 inch of cheddar-shade needle felting wool and cut into
quarter-inch pieces. Blend with the previous two. This results in a creamy pink
dubbing with just a hint of dull orange scattered faintly throughout the wad."

I know you can touch dub using a rope dub method, it was just not working for
me.

Wayneb