From: Wayne Blake-Hedges <wayneb22...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VFB] RE: What's everybody tying??
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 9:11 PM

Hi Tony;

I see, for me I started assembling spinning rods prior to fly rods.  Most of
the spinning rods I built used single foot guides so I guess single foot guides
look more "normal"  to me.  I'm working on a 7'6" fiberglass 3wt and actually
using single foot ceramic ring lock guides just to see how it works compared to
more conventional fly guides.  I have another 7'6" glass blank that I plan
on using single foot titanium fly guides to see how much the two differ.

I think if I built a bamboo rod, I have to use snakes just for the nostalga
aspect. I do envision single foot guides on it though.

Wayneb