I drove down to Provo to see Larry today. What a wonderful, satisfying visit. The positive change from when I saw him a couple of weeks ago was extraordinary. All of the jaundice is gone, Larry is in good spirits, and most important, he is LARRY again! The same smile, the same sly sense of humor. He still has a long haul ahead of him, probably the most important is regaining mobility so he can start to lose the fluids that have built up in his body, but I am sure that will all come quickly. He also still has no appetite. But all of these things will come once he starts moving again. (I know, I have been there myself).

While I was there I got to meet two of his beautiful daughters and three grandchildren who obviously have a special relationship with their dad and grandfather and are relieved to see him getting better. Shauna came in as well during the visit, it was nice to see she is now able to "get out and about" and not have to be at his bedside every minute.

Larry joked about his liver finally "getting out of jail" (the donor was a prison inmate) and his gratitude for all of the miracles that happened in his behalf. And he is right, Larry's situation was very grave, he was only a few days and a couple miracles away from death's door. One miracle was getting the liver three days after his name was placed on the donor list, something that almost never happens.

He asked me to do him a favor. He said he wanted me thank all of you for your prayers, phone calls and visits. He told me how much he enjoyed his visit with Joyce, and what a "wonderful lady she is". He mentioned the phone calls he has received from some of you and how much the meant to him. He said he is a little afraid of being overwhelmed when he finally looks at his VFB mailbox again, and can't imagine how he will be able to thank each of you for your support and prayers. I told him not to worry about it, just send one email thanking all of us at once! I suspect that email isn't to far away in the future.

I've got a son getting married this Friday and a very busy week ahead of me, so I won't be able to see Larry again until next week. I suspect to see even more positive changes when that time comes.

Alan, thanks for your post with the address info. I'm sure he will love to get those cards, and they will be a treasured memory for him after this ordeal has passed.

Thanks again for all you have done,

Tom Davenport