Check out your plans ahead of time.  Many of the state parks are
closed and have been for a while now.   You can't even hike on any of
the trails in town (Santa Fe).  We have been breathing smoke for a
little over a month now and today I could still see a lot of heavy
smoke from the Las Conchas fire.  They still don't have it contained.
The rest of the state is just as bad.  Also if you have any
respiratory issues I would be cautious about hiking and fishing around
the burnt out areas.  Keep an eye out for the displaced wildlife.
It's been so hot here and I have to be careful about using the swamp
cooler because it brings the smoke into the house.
It's been a pretty sad summer here.
Deb