What is the KY Jelly fly?  or the NH Jelly?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chappy" <aavidcha...@gmail.com>
To: "VFB Mail" <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 4:58 PM
Subject: [VFB] Re: A new Swap- Jimi D. Some hints

I will join.looks cool. I will tie the KY Jelly.  Oh but i am not from
Kentucky so I will tie the NH jelly.

Chappy.

On Aug 22, 6:43 pm, "Don Ordes" <f...@tribcsp.com> wrote:
To those joining the juice-bug/scud swap, there is a tutorial here:

http://www.fantasyflies.com/juice_bug_tutorial.php

The UV top-coat is not shown, as that is a later design aspect.
This technique can be changed dozens of different ways to make different
effects,
and they aren't hard at all to do once the model is worked out. It takes as
long to make the mono/bead eyes as it does to tie the fly.

Lots of samples posted to look at for designs.

Hints- do them in stages:
Make all the eyes
Tie all the bodies
Do all the vinyl
Do all the UV coat
Do all the sunlight exposure- don't handle until no longer tacky
Paint all the eyes on
Do any other fancies

Use mono thread to tie, other color threads for hi-lites

Decide if you want glitter in the UV cover- don't over-do it.

Pearls- both UV ice dubs and pearl sheets make for excellent prism colors
through the clear bodies.

After-color markers look best if applied to the Jelly-rope below the final
UV coat

The UV coat and the Jelly-rope steps can be swapped, or doubled up- it's
your design.

This is a swap to 'play with', and keep your discards for fishing.