I use synthetic hackles for a few patterns, mostly buggers and a few soft-hackle patterns. Otherwise, it's hard to replace real feathers.

DonO

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peggy Brenner" <peggy.bren...@comcast.net>
To: <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:09 AM
Subject: Re: [VFB] Juicebug update and a slight feather problem

The feather extensions have slowed a bit and now they are making them of synthetics according to my hair person.

Peggy

 On 10/4/2011 4:31 PM, ashley strutt wrote:
Greetings all,

First, after playing around with juice bugs I have got a red spot scud
that I am happy with. Using UV dub stuff that DonO uses I got a really
nice affect. I also got a really nice result using Mr Peacock dub. I
will be taking these on a day out in a couple of weeks :)

My feather problem concerns me as my daughter has no discovered feather
extentions....I've told her I'm buying because they look stupid.....may
have to have a reserve plan if that doesn't work.

Ashley

Peggy Brenner
http://pbandj.us/SixSistersFlybox/