I tie up all kinds of variations but not sure if I ever tie any of
them close to the original pattern, I also can't remember if the hooks
were standard 4x streamers or something longer. They will get tied
either way but I want to get them close to the originals for this go
round.

On 12/12/11, Allan Fish <afi...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>Tying a bunch o Thunder Creek streamers.
>>Does anyone have the original recipe for them?
>
> Robert,
>
> I'll have to see if I can find which book I took the pattern from.
> It was supposed to be the original pattern.  The materials were
> simply different colors of bucktail.  Top color, bottom color, and
> one black bucktail hair on each side for a mid-line.  Painted eyes if
> you so desired.   Being lazy, I didn't paint mine.
>
> As memory strikes me (and it's losing it's punch these days), they
> were tied on a Mustad 9672.
>
> I caught an approximately 10-lb. catfish on my last one about 6 years
> ago and haven't gotten around to tying more.  I think it's about time
> to start again.
>
> Al

" Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing - After
they have exhausted all other possibilities. "
--Winston Churchill
Robert Morger
Central Texas