That's where the too short comes into play the hair that doesn't flare
(same area you are talking about) has either been picked over by me or
is too short for the hook/pattern, thus the change. This was an odd
bucktail in that it had a lot more white hair on it than brown and the
white hair was very long and fairly straight but that was the reason I
bought it.

On 1/9/12, Jack Lehman <jklepo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I don't know about the too short part, but bucktail taken from the lower
> 1/3 of the tail does tend to flare.  Take some from the middle to tip
> and see if that solves your problem
>
> Jack
> Austin
>

> On 1/9/2012 9:54 AM, Robert Morger wrote:
>> Walter my pattern has changed to an all white variety of Thunder Creek
>> Streamer, I didn't like the brown hair on my bucktail too short and it
>> flares too much so the Golden Shiner pattern is out. Half way there
>> will keep you updated.
>>
>> On 12/18/11, Walter<wshock...@ohio-kayak-fishing.com>  wrote:
>>> Thanks to all who have joined this swap.
>>> All flies are due to me by 15 February 2012
>> -
>> " Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing - After
>> they have exhausted all other possibilities. "
>> --Winston Churchill
>> Robert Morger
>>
>> On 12/20/11, Walter<wshock...@ohio-kayak-fishing.com>  wrote:
>>> I'm looking forward to see these modified patterns of the Thunder Creek
>>> streamers.
>>>
>>> Walter
>>>
>>> --

" Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing - After
they have exhausted all other possibilities. "
--Winston Churchill
Robert Morger
Central Texas