Folks: I know we just had a hook "Co-op buy", but if anybody needs hook "on the
cheap", I just now stumbled across this guy. And they are Mustad hooks. @ 200
for $7.50 plus $3.25 S&H, that only comes out to 5.4 cents per hook DELIVERED.
Now, that's the "auction" starting price and not the "buy it now" price, but I
checked the completed listings, and you can "snipe" them easily for the $7.50
starting price. I have no reason to promote the guy and have never heard of
him/her till just now, but they do have 100% positive feedback rating. He also
has plenty of small sized hooks too, down to size 28 I think I saw. I looked
for these as i was JUST now in the process of watching an A. K. Best video
called "Tying Tiny Flies" and A.K. makes tying those size 22 hooks look soooooo
easy, when I can barely SEE the hook, much less tie a fly on it LOL...Chuck

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rbewald24v6/m.html?hash=item416478bea3&item=280858508963&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&_trksid=p4340.l2562

BTW. Can somebody tell me what the advantage of using a Mustad hook #37160 (see
the link at the bottom to see what I'm talking about) over a standard scud
hook??? i have a bunch of the #37160 type, but I just use standard scud hooks
cause I think the gap on the 37160's is too small, after you get all the fly's
dressing on it. All I have used that hook for is a little "inch worm"
caterpillar type pattern, cause the curvature on that hook looks like the inch
worm in motion. to me more than the regular scud hook does, but that's just my
opinion, and the dressings on that pattern don't get in the way of the hook gap
hardly at all.  Thanks..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-MUSTAD-37160-WIDE-GAP-FLY-HOOKS-100-SIZE-26-AND-100-SIZE-24-/280861506034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4164a679f2