Wish I could answer your question on this list. I think there is no family life
anymore as we knew it.
Tony

________________________________
 From: Joyce M Westphal <joyce...@gmail.com>
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:37 AM
Subject: [VFB] re: tragedy in Colorado

I have read, with interest, these many posts.  My one concern, and that which I
feel has not been addressed, is the basic education of the children with regard
to their behavior.  There seems to be, underlying all these problems, a basic
lack of inculcation of values of what is correct, right to do in a society,
such as help each other, and what is absolutely wrong..like harming another.
Thus the rise of bullying and this type of terrorism..the " I only count"
mentality.  Is there not some way we could stop this problem, at its roots, if
this were done from an early age?  I know of "mental illness" and have worked
in this field, but have found, underneath much of this " I for me only"
mentality,  a basic lack of  knowledge of feeling for others.  How do we
address this problem? Joyce --