It also depends on the size of the fish the larger the fish the more
damage just lipping does to the fish. If the fish is over 5 lbs you
should also support the fish under the belly or pull no more than the
head out of the water.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Chuck Alexander
<chuckalexan...@centurylink.net> wrote:
> Birdie: I'm glad to hear your news. I don't think "lipping" (as we call it
> in Alabama) hurts the bass ,  and I don't think your belly holding does
> either as long as you don't wipe all that "slime" off the fish, which
> protects the fish against bacteria etc. Most ppl around here who belly hold
> the fish, do so with the fish UNDER the water. HTH,  Chuck

" Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing - After
they have exhausted all other possibilities. "
--Winston Churchill
Robert Morger
Central Texas