From: Joyce Westphal
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 5:25 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] Fishing

I second the drag a hook suggestion.  As a child, I and my sisters would
look for fishermen who got mad and threw their rods and reels into the
lake.  Often there was a bobber attached. We'd wait until they were gone,

and then, without my mother's knowledge (none of us could swim) would
throw a rock out near the bobber and Shep, the faithful dog, would run out
to where the splash was, grab the bobber, and drag the line to shore. By
careful pulling we could get the rod and reel close enough that we could
wade out and get the pole. Of course, there was always the danger that the
dog would get hooked, but we were lucky and he didn't. We quickly learned

that a garden rake was the ideal gadget to "fish" for the rod and bring it
up.  You may want to go back with a long handled garden rake and see if
you can't retrieve your lost rod.  Just a suggestion. Joyce