I received this email the other day from one of the authors. I had been
advising him on places to flyfish in Israel a couple years ago. May be of
interest to someone:

To The Fly Fishing Rabbi
Dear Friends,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and restful summer.

My friend Reverend Michael Attas and I have written a book on the spiritual
side of fly-fishing.  In *Fly Fishing-The Sacred Art*, Rev. Mike and I
share our experiences on the water and the deeper truths that we find when
casting a fly.

<http://www.amazon.com/Fly-Fishing---Sacred-Art-Spiritual/dp/159473299X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329700156&sr=8-1>

With a forward by Chris Wood, the CEO of Trout Unlimited, and a preface by
Lori Simon, the Executive Director of Casting for Recovery, our book can
help the angler pursue more than trout when wading into the river. * *
 **

*Fly-Fishing-The Sacred Art* is available from
Amazon.com<http://www.amazon.com/Fly-Fishing--The-Sacred-Art-Spiritual/dp/159473299X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336702574&sr=8-1>and
 directly from the publisher
SkylightPaths <http://www.skylightpaths.com/page/product/978-1-59473-299-7>.

More information on the book is below.

 Happy Reading!
Rabbi Eric Eisenkramer

*Fly-Fishing—The Sacred Art *
 *Casting a Fly as a Spiritual Practice*
 *Rabbi Eric Eisenkramer and Rev. Michael Attas, MD
Foreword by Chris Wood, CEO, Trout Unlimited
Preface by Lori Simon, executive director, Casting for Recovery*

 *Discover the spiritual potential hidden in every cast of the fly rod.*

 “For us, fly-fishing is about more than catching fish. We have been
skunked on the stream too many times to count, and stood shivering in our
waders in 45-degree water long after sundown. Yet, every chance we get, we
head back to the river in search of trout and something more.”
 —from Rabbi Eric’s Introduction

 “Early in my fly-fishing career I remember telling a friend that there is
so much to learn! Some forty years later, that is still true. Every trip I
learn something new about rivers, fish and the natural world. Most
importantly, I learn something new about myself. Every encounter with the
waters of our planet draws me deeper into who I am and who I want to
become.”
 —from Reverend Mike’s Introduction

 In this unique exploration of fly-fishing as a spiritual practice, an
Episcopal priest and a rabbi share what fly-fishing has to teach us about
reflection, awe and the wonder of the natural world, the benefits of
solitude, the blessing of community and the search for the Divine. Tapping
the wisdom in the Christian and Jewish traditions and their own
geographically diverse experiences on the water, they show how time spent
on the stream can help you navigate the currents and eddies of your own
inner journey.

 *Praise For:*

 “Offers beautiful and original perspectives on a pastime that for many is
a kind of religion. They find common ground in the rivers they fish and the
spiritual truths they encounter. Lovely, learned, personal, heart-warming
and instructional.”
 —*James Prosek*, author, *Trout: An Illustrated History* and *Fly-Fishing
the 41st:
>From Connecticut to Mongolia and Home Again—A Fisherman’s Odyssey*

 “Tastefully integrates valuable fly-fishing principles, accounts of
adventures and deep spiritual truths that we can all apply to our lives and
reflect on when we are on the water.”
 —*Italo Labignan*, television host, *Canadian Sportfishing*

 “Clearly [shows] we are all united in our spirit…. A great read for anyone
who cares about people, the conservation of our planet or learning to
fly-fish.”
 —*Sherry Steele*, communications chair, Federation of Fly Fishers National
Board of Directors

 “Wonderfully written, inspirational … thoughtful and articulate, a careful
read of this exceptional book will make you a better fly-angler, but more
importantly, it will make you a better person.”
 —*Todd Larson, PhD*, history professor, Xavier University; publisher,
Whitefish Press; creator, the *Fishing for History* blog

 “Help[s] explain why so many people have ascribed spiritual meaning to
this sport, and it does so in a way that will help others find such meaning
in this pastime as well.”
 —*Kenneth H. Lokensgard, PhD*, creator, the *Literary Fly Fisher* blog

 “I loved this book. Both men write beautifully, lyrically, poetically
about … the connection, the preparation for and act of fly-fishing. You
will enjoy it. The words will ‘take’ you there.”
 —*John Lionberger*, author, *Renewal in the Wilderness:
A Spiritual Guide to Connecting with God in the Natural World*

 *About the Authors:*

 *Rabbi Eric Eisenkramer* is creator of The Fly Fishing Rabbi: A Blog about
Trout, God and Religion, and a contributor to Trout magazine. He is the
spiritual leader of Temple Shearith Israel in Ridgefield, Connecticut, and
he fishes the cold-water streams of New York, Connecticut and the Northeast.

 *Rev. Michael Attas, MD*, an avid angler for over forty years, is
assisting priest at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Waco, Texas, a
practicing cardiologist, professor of medical humanities at Baylor
University and a columnist for the Waco Tribune Herald. During the summer
months, he works as a volunteer fly-fishing guide in Colorado.

 *Chris Wood* is president and CEO of Trout Unlimited, the conservation
organization whose mission is “conserving, protecting and restoring North
America’s cold-water fisheries and their watersheds.” He is the author of
Watershed Restoration: Principles and Practices and coauthor of From
Conquest to Conservation: Our Public Land Legacy.

 *Lori Simon* is the executive director of Casting for Recovery, a breast
cancer support group that uses fly-fishing to heal sufferers, both mentally
and physically. She enjoys the contemplative and spiritual surroundings of
the natural world through hiking, fishing, horseback riding and sitting
quietly in a canoe.

Rabbi Eric Eisenkramer
My Book: Fly Fishing-The Sacred
Art<http://theflyfishingrabbi.blogspot.com/p/my-book.html>