They went back out here at the house and did real well..
Tony

--- On Fri, 8/31/12, Scott Bearden <scott.bear...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Scott Bearden <scott.bear...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VFB] Hurricane Isaac
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Friday, August 31, 2012, 5:52 PM

Even the worst day spent fishing is still better than a good day working. It
sounds like time well spent with family.

Scott

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Anthony Spezio <bambot...@yahoo.com> wrote:

My son and two of his friends are here.and they wanted to Trout Fish. There was
a lull in the rain and we went out. Then things seemed to go wrong. Got all the
stuff down to the boat and got ready to go. I hit the started and the outboard
turned over and did not start. Checked the fuel and every thing else, all
looked good. Hit the starter button and nothing, not even a click.. Pulled on
the pull start and it would not start. I just spent 250.00 having it checked
out at the Marina a month ago..
Let it sit and tried pulling it again and it finally kicked off. We finally got
out of the dock and up to Tucker. The boys got out and waded, I had to fish
from the boat, I just can't wade anymore.
Two of them were using spinning rods and my son was using the bamboo Fly rod I
made for him. On the first cast one of his friends got a 17" Brown. A few casts
later he got a Rainbow. His other friend got a Rainbow in the next few minuets.
I rigged up with a Chili Pepper and motered up the river about 100 feet. A few
casts and I missed a hit. A few more casts and missed another one.
I changed to a floating ant. Nothing hit it then started to drizzle. Changed
back to the Chili Pepper because I was in faster deeper water. I had two more
hits but no hook ups. By then the drizzle turned into a hard rain. My son on
the fly rod caught a couple of bows and broke off one..
Needless to say by the time I collected all the guys back in the boat I was
totally soaked.
I let the outboard run all the time we were on the river hoping it would charge
the battery. When we got back to the dock and shut down, I tried the starter
again. Nothing doing. My son and his friends removed the battery and took it to
be checked.. The battery was totally dead. Got a new battery and will give it
another go later.
This is the first time in years that I have fished Tucker and not caught a
fish. I am thinking, I need to check the hook point on that fly, I missed too
many fish on it.