Folks: I ALMOST fell for the oldest trick in the book by a site that has
treated me VERY WELL in the past, but they are now pulling the old "bait and
switch". I'm talking about Jann's Netcraft. I went there to price some
materials, and an ad said "take our 30 second ad and win $100". Well, that does
sound too good to be true, but I do know that some companies do these surveys
to try and get different demographics etc in order to try and target more
customers, thus, coming out ahead in the long run. Well, I took the survey, and
yes, it asks questions about my purchase history, whether I would refer
Netcraft to friends, what type products I bought, my age group etc. Then, at
the end of the survey, it asked for my name, email addy, and a cell phone
number. Fine. It said that a text file would be sent to my phone with a code to
use to "redeem" my $100. I got the code, typed it in on their site like it told
me too, and BANG, the bait and switch happened. It was just about to charge my
cell phone acct $9.95 a month for some "credits" of some sort (I guess that is
where the $100 came in, but it was SUPPOSED to be FREE (or in exchange for
taking the survey). Luckily, I read the "fine print" and hit the right button
to "decline" the $9.95 a month authorization. If you go to their site, BEWARE
of this "scheme". You can bet I fired them off an email (as live chat had
already closed for the day) that will make the email reader's ears BURN LOL...
I told them though, that not only mad, but I was sad, as I might expect this
from some eBay seller or "fly by night" seller, but not from a site like
Netcraft that has been in business a long time, and has treated me well for at
least 7 years now. Chuck

In the immortal words of Gomer Pyle "Fool me once, shame on YOU, fool me twice,
shame on YOU", and you can bet I won't get fooled like that TWICE......