JimmyD,

Really-really glad to hear you’re doing OK. With DVT, the news can go either
way.

Tony, all,
Sounds like my plight, fishing-wise. I’ve been fixing up my Grumman Sport Canoe
with folding seats, a new electric motor and a huge battery that would double
as a toy-hauler travel-trailer power supply. I used it once two years ago with
the new seats and nunce since I got the trolling motor last spring.

Health issues (mostly cleared up now) and a sudden death with our camping
buddies (the wife- my wife’s best friend) put a serious hurt on motivation to
get out camping this summer. Added to the the total fire-ban for all camping
areas, and it’s just not the same ‘happy happy’ time that it used to be.

I also outfitted my Mokai (jet kayak) with a neutral clutch a year ago, which
will make it a lot easier to navigate slow, park, wait, etc. Haven even gotten
to finish the installation, much less use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6RKrA8aSA

And my poor pontoon kick-boat doesn’t remember what the water feels like, it’s
been so long. Will be another 6 months before I can try any of them again
because of hard water concerns. If I can lose more weight over the winter...

Right now I’m focusing on my diet and exercise for T2D, and it’s coming along
pretty well. My body doesn’t notice when I skip my 3X/day short-blast insulin,
so I’m hoping I can get officially off it and rely on the 24hr stuff. Then I
want to get off of it too.  Doc’s really happy, as I got an interim T2D blood
test before my visit last week, and it was normal in almost every category that
was way off when my sugars skyrocketed a month and a half ago. I also dropped
37lbs, which made him happy too. My eyes have seemed to stabilize now, with
needing reading glasses to tie and best driving vision coming with old 30
year-old prescription glasses. So now I’m really hoping to be able to see a #14
dry fly float by at 70 feet.

Getting old is no fun, especially having a diet that cuts out most of my
favorite Cajun grub, especially the deep-fried stuff. Oh well, as long as I
wake up on the green side of the grass.

DonO