Von: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-mail@googlegroups.com] Im Auftrag
von Anthony Spezio
Gesendet: Sonntag, 10. November 2013 20:11
An: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Betreff: [VFB] Bas

 I got a reply from Tom on Bas, he asked me

 to let his friends know.

This is what I sent him and this is the reply I got from Tom.

I can't remember who on the list gave me the contact with Tom but thank you.

Tony

Me To Tom

   I have lost contact with Bas and I was sent an E address but it bounced.
We tied at several shows together along with Theo and Hans. I also lost
contact with him when I had a computer glitch.

Tony

 <http://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=0a2rjmaeo2de3>

Today at 9:18 AM

Hello Anthony,

Nice to meet you by this e-mail, I am a friend of Bas Verschoor for almost
15 years now and he was the one that learned me how to tie Salmon flies.
Maybe you don’t know, that almost 5 years ago his wife Dini died suddenly.
After that is was going pretty bad with Bas, because Dini was his soulmate,
they travelled together all the time and Dini was always driving the car,
because Bas was not so  good anymore to drive .

Bas was trying to survive without Dini but he was not mentally strong enough
to live on his own. We , his friends has helped him a lot, but he was
getting worse all the time , fisically he was also going pretty bad. His
legs and his hands were also getting worse. So he was not able to walk
anymore without the help of a rollator and tying flies was not possible
anymore. After 3 months of living on his own, Bas was send to a nursing home
for older people and there he is staying since then. His condition is not so
good and he can’t walk not so far anymore. But his mind is in a pretty good
shape as his memory is, he reads the newspaper every day but is not able to
do any computerwork anymore , because his hands are not good anymore.
Because his memory is still good I will tell him about the mail you have
send me and that you have lost contact.

Bas can,t send you a message, but you can send him a letter so he can read
it , please send him a nice card or something, he will enjoy that the most.
Me , my wife and his son are the only one that visit him on a regular base.
Maybe you can tell other tying friends of him that you know this story too.
In this World noweadays you are soon forgotten !!! I ‘don’t know the person
of theo that you are referring to.maybe you mean Theo Bakelaar of Holland??
With this e-mail I send you the latest picture of Bas and me.

Here is the address of Bas in Holland,

Bas Verschoor

PREVA STICHTING

Mgr.NOLENSLAAN 22