From: Scott Bearden
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:48 AM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] My stomach/intestinal pains FINALLY have a reason for being
there and with an EASY TO FIX remedy I have been praying for...

Glad to hear they found the problem. When you get off the antibiotics, look
into probiotics. Antibiotics are way over prescribed and as a society if we
don't change that soon we are probably in for some very bad ailments. They have
a drug resistant Tuberculosis that is spreading here in the U.S. Then there is
Mersa, and a long list of dangerous bacteria that have become drug resistant.
In your case a prescription for antibiotics is necessary, but 9/10 cases
doctors need to let nature take its course. We never would have made it past
cavemen if we really needed antibiotics. Anyhow one of the downsides on a
personal level is it wipes out all of the bacteria in your gut, good and bad
and now you can't digest food properly and absorb nutrients the way you are
supposed to. This affects you from the obvious (diarrhea, constipation,
bloating, gas, cramps, acid reflux) to the not so obvious (malnutrition, kidney
disease, mental disorders, hair, teeth, nails, skin). If you have stomach
issues chances are you already have an imbalance in your gut of good bacteria.
Some doctors are even linking it to obesity because people can't digest food
properly. I won't recommend any one brand over another for the simple fact that
I try a different brand each time so that I am exposed to different bacteria
all the time. Although the one that had the most notable impact was probably
Phillips Colon Health. Keep in mind that yogurt while healthy in general is
also pasteurized. Don't buy into the hype with the "live and active cultures".
Of course you can always make your own and if you do I would suggest making
your own sauer kraut or kimchi as well since they are some of nature's best
probiotics. Same problem exists if you buy it in the grocery store being
pasteurized.

Scott