From: phxflyt...@cox.net
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:52 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] ooops

Brian:

It is tied with Vernielle. The one you photo you attached has a metal bead.
I have only recently seen it tied this way. It is usually tied without one.
In order to tie one you must take a cigarette lighter and singe both ends of
the Vernielle to taper the ends.

This pattern was developed for the San Juan River in New Mexico, USA.
It is used by many fly fishers in Arizona in Lee’s Ferry, which is the tail
water from Lake Powell.
I have also heard of it being used in other places here.

Does the term” San Juan Shuffle” mean anything to you.

It is a way of stirring up the bottom of the San Juan River by shuffling your
feet, there by stirring up some food sources .
The rainbows can be very large and just swim around your feet and nudge you<
making you look down at them and you get startled and shuffle .
Many fishermen do this as a general routine to stir up activity. The water is
so clear and shallow that you can see many fish in the river.

If you have any other questions I will be happy to help.

Thank You,
Alan Di Somma
Phoenix, AZ.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for
being in the country illegally ...you might live in a country founded by
geniuses but run by idiots.