I have some size 14 & 16 fine wire Gaelic Supreme hooks, but they are not
suitable for big fish as they can open up. I had the same problem with Tiemco
2302 hooks in 2013.  As modern leader & tippet material has become stronger,
instead of a break off I get the hooks open up. I was holding my rod
while fishing a small nymph and working it in slowly, when a fish grabbed it
and kept going resulting in an opened hook and fish lost. And the fish are
not necessarily large - even a 2 pound rainbow can open a fine wire hook.

I now tie on heavier gauge wire hooks for 2014

Neville (Nev) Gosling
Greater Vancouver
BC  Canada