News update- work situation.

Well, my ‘Power-break’ is over. I’m back to being president of Oil & Gas
Systems Design Co., but now I work out of Boise, Idaho.

What the heck happened???

Back in April, a long time Power-play came to fruition with the acquisition of
Burns & Roe Engineering, in New Jersey, by Power Engineers.
It was a huge expense and game-changer for Power Engineers, now Power Burns and
Roe, putting them in the top five in power generation plants.

Also, when they hired me they were hungry for billable hours, and they thought
midstream gas would be ‘easy pickings’. Wrong. Lots of reasons, but they
couldn’t even get their foot in the door with midstream clients. I could not
sell what they didn’t possess, so their midstream gas initiative stalled out
with lack of funding and interest. But a big generation project hit the books
and everyone, even my team, was called in to play and bill hours. So no team
equalled no training equalled nothing still to sell to my industry.  The
hand-writing was on the wall in May, but I still tried to paint over it and
create a department against all odds. I could sell me easily (and did), but I
could not attach the non-existent midstream resume of Power, and Power was
re-directing their efforts elsewhere.

So for the last two months I have been building a sales and data base that I
will now use for re-establishing OGS as my premier business, with Fantasy Fly
Co. hot on it’s retirement heels.

I’m very relieved, as I have my freedom back, and I feel like Picard when he
had the Borg attachments removed, separating him from the Borg collective and
group consciousness, which I think is someone’s futuristic view of how
corporations would evolve- tracking over the galaxy and ‘assimilating’ through
hostile take-overs all whom they encounter.

So DonO is back and has more time for other things than working for the
collective, like posting to the VFB and participating in swaps.

And fishing! Haven’t wet a line since I’ve been here.

Who-hoooooo!!

DonO

P.S.
I got a sub-space frequency email from Buggs, from inside a comet’s tail. He’s
wondering if he can come back. I think he’s living with Veronica- weird
situation. I told him I wouldn’t let them come back if they were just living
together. These days I think they could apply for a marriage license and
actually get one.

Then it would just take a walk down to the Altar-ego.