From: Neville Gosling
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2015 10:25 AM
To: Virtual Fly Box
Subject: [VFB] Penguin Plumage

For the attention of Don O only (who badly wants Emperor Penguin feathers)

c.c Reven Segal

Why it is so difficult to find feathers from a dead penquin

VERY INTERESTING FACTS ! !

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins   on the ice in Antarctica ?
  Where do   they go?

Wonder no more ! ! !

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic   bird which lives an
extremely ordered and complex life.The penguin is very committed   to its
family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate
contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and
social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial
wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled
into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

▼

▼

▼

▼

▼

"Freeze a jolly good fellow."
"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

You really   didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?

It's so easy to fool OLD people.

I am sorry, an urge came over me that made me do it!!!

Oh quit whining I fell for it, too.

to vfb-mail+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com .

to vfb-mail+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com .