Last June we spent a week at the Rosco Campgrounds <http://roscoecampsite.com/> in one of their 'camper trailers'. It was very nice, and surprisingly roomy. My son (21) and youngest daughter (17) came with, and there was ample room. We prepared most meals at home base, and hit the Roscoe Diner twice.

As you come in to town, just after you cross the Beaverkill, there is a grocery store in one of the first buildings on the left. It had the basics, but, as Peggy noted, the grocery in Livingston Manor is much larger.

I would recommend you to stop in the Baxter House <http://www.baxterhouse.net/> and chat with Ken (if he's not out on the river) or his wife. They have a pretty good gauge on where to fish and what to throw at 'em. Again, as Peggy said, the fishing is very good right out 20 feet in front of your trailer.

Along with what others have noted, for the non-fishers in your family, there is excellent opportunities for antiquing, shopping, antiquing, touring, antiquing, sightseeing, and, of course, they can always go antiquing! My wife is a teacher, and after the school year, she just needs some time to chill. She read 17 books on her Nook in the week.

Have a great trip, and I wish you way more success on the water than I had last year!

--

Bob Hendry <mailto:bhen...@cheerful.com?subject=Email%20Reply:>

Southern Maryland

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells my fly fishing gear for what I said
I paid for it.