There's an area of Maine, USA that I'll be fishing this summer where the
adjacent farmlands are supposed to be harvested just a week prior to my
fishing.  Even though I can't wade this go of it (and it's "bugging" me
that's the case), I figure that the hoppers and/or crickets will make their
typical migration down to the water because of the farms' harvests, so I
should be tying up the same-sized terrestrials as past years.

Not that past years' patterns didn't work well (namely a modified 'letort
cricket' in pale yellow- rusty-olive with a dyed candy-apple-red hackle
tail, and then a pink-craft-store-foam 'baby boy hopper', both relatively
small, in size 12 to 14), but I always have a desire to try new patterns.
Anyone have some favorite hopper or cricket patterns that might be new to
me?

I heard that one of the magazines (perhaps "fly fisherman"?) has a feature
on Hoppers this latest issue, but I've yet to read / get it, and see if
there are patterns in there.

Happy Fourth of July to everyone in USA,
-Pete
(ZugbugPete)