Allan, I would suggest you give Tenkara a try. The rods are lighter, not a lot of false casting, and it'll get you back on the water. You're limited to length of cast and size of fish, but it beats watching Bill Dance on the boob tube. A 12-15 inch white bass is a hell of a fight on Tenkara.

Jack
austin