Hi Peggy

The recipe is something like this.

Large gape hook these were Mustad 3366 #4 and Allen Stinger #8 (similar to
Tiemco)
Two or four hackle feathers for tail. I usually tie them in facing each
other - knife style
Under body - small bead, I use a Glass bead from michaels, I think #6
Place bead on hook, secure it 1/8 to 1/4 inch behind the eye.
Take thread to over the hook point and tie in tail.
Cut a pencil's worth or more deer hair, comb and stack
Attach deer hair behind the bead by butts with hair pointing forward
Move thread in front of bead, pull hair forward and tie down in front of
bead. Move thread back behind the bead
Now using a tube, straw, or pencil push hair back over the bead again and
secure with several turns of thread
Coat head and thread with Hard as Nails, pliobond or similar product.

Al - correct me if I missed something.