On 5/13/16 3:50 PM, J Balmer wrote:

I prefer fishing fish, but I actually have two rods & reels I caught while fishing in local lakes.

My favorite equipment catch was many years ago (in the early 1960's) when I first started fishing using a bait caster. I still have the old Abu Garcia reel and it works as smoothly as ever. Back to the story. The fellow who got me into fishing took me to a nearby lake and was teaching me how to cast properly (I never did learn). I hooked a nice bass and apparently hadn't done a good job of tying on my favorite lure - it broke off. Fortunately I had another one. In fact at that time I probably only owned 1/2 dozen lures.

A couple of weeks later my "mentor" took me back to the same lake. By that time I had practiced my knots. I hooked another nice fish in the same area. This time I was more careful fighting it and made sure it didn't break off this time. It was about a 3-4 pounder........with both lures in his mouth!!

af

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.