The next morning as I groggily stumbled toward the restaurant for breakfast, I told the desk clerk I was glad they got the noise stopped and hoped the occupants had been kicked out He said, "Oh no. they're still there." I said, "They are?" He replied, "Well, at least all their belongings are still there and we're still charging them for the room and adding on damage charges. They were all underage drinkers and haven't been released from the Mountain Home jail yet."

Thanks for reminding me.
af

On 6/15/16 9:41 AM, Don Ordes wrote:
Fly tying can be a couple of nights a month to stock up on depleted favorite patterns, or a full-blown multi-faceted hobby, hobby-business, part-time business, or retirement business. If you include the satellite activities /besides /fishing, which include getting together with other tiers, attending fly shows (or tying at them), researching, publishing books or videos, mentoring, and of course vfb-ing, there's a lot to keep it diverse and interesting. When it gets boring, just add a new venue to the tying and challenge yourself to kick it up a notch. Or plan a new trip for different fish, and tie the flies needed for that. It should never ever get boring, especially if you include a sense of humor or art to the process. On materials, my challenge after this last move and re-organization is just finding what I need amongst the myriad of materials I've collected. But I have a plan for next year for retardment. My 'retirement' will really just mean swapping focus from the oil & gas business to Fantasy Flies and videos. I intend to get a shop and turn it into a fly-base of operations. Ahh, the /video/. Rope-dub DVD#2. Thinking of an alternate plan- put it out *for comments*. Instead of a long DVD which is taking forever to film and produce (/if/ I can get any time), how about a You-tube channel with /themed/ short videos uploaded regularly- not only on rope-dubbing (will go on forever), but on mice (deerhair), flex-o, McFlyfoam, #32's, salt-flies, streamers, etc.? Big difference is it would be /free/ to all, which is how I handled it in the first place with Byard, putting the RD videos on his site for anyone to see (pretty crude at the time). My pay would be with visits & subscribers- from Y-T. Then also I’d still be selling the giant Fantasy Flies, framed streamers, mice, etc. Hopefully make for a busy yet pleasant retirement. This way I could somewhat follow the comments in adjusting what I tie or show next and just let it evolve. Of course, there will be my sense of humor worked in throughout all of the videos to keep it from being all ‘dry’. And since I’m slowing way down in attending fly shows (travelling less and less), I’ll make a ‘Baits Hotel’ video just for giggles and grins (and to survive me).
Comments? (Especially from those who have DVD #1.)
DonO
-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Fish
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:37 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: p.s.: Re: [VFB] QFTD
p.s.:
I also like to be around other fly tyers.  You get to meet so many neat
people.
And the occasional scalawag like me.
Allan
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vfb-mail+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vfb-mail+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:vfb-mail+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.