I tie these on a Stealth C10 hook, 100 cost $25.99 so cost 25 cents apiece,
 and also on Mustad caddis hooks, cheaper,  and find no difference in
fishability or catching quality. I do crush the barbs.  You can find them
here:
http://www.stealth.fish/products/100packs/.  I think that the black hooks
really do seem to work better on these Nitro Caddis when there is bright
sunlight as the black hook eliminates the glare from the sun.  This is just
my opinion.  I buy mine from Eddie Robinson's flyfishing shop in Orem Ut.
The neat thing about these hooks, if you only want to purchase 25, is that
you can get them in a great plastic box with a lift out hook holder that is
great to simply take out and sit on the bench.  At any rate, check out the
Stealth flyfishing hook page just for fun.