From: 'Rick Zieger' via VFB Mail
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:05 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] Late 2017 swap intro

I will join doing a purple one.

Rick

From: DonO <f...@tribcsp.com>
To: "vfb-mail@googlegroups.com" <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎August‎ ‎29‎, ‎2017‎ ‎10‎:‎10‎:‎06‎ ‎AM
Subject: [VFB] Late 2017 swap intro

Anyone up for a November or Dec. fly swap? (after the season is over)

I have an idea for 10 tiers.  Tie an easy fly design that I give- a rope-dub
bugger pattern, and each swapper ties one color of it 10 times. (I’ll post a
collage of a wide range of styles)

Each color can be a different size and embellished with flash, eyes, cones-
whatever, but the bugger basic style must be maintained.  Since there are
combination of colors, the selection would be infinite.  Natural furs count as
colors.

This would allow big bass buggers, trout buggers, panfish buggers, even pike
and saltwater buggers. A chili-pepper would even pass.  But each color or combo
must be by one tier, so there’s no repeats.

I will post a picture palette of styles and colors to give some food for
thought, and then we tie one on. Then we get to tying actual flies.  (TUI flies
are still acceptable)

If this one runs over the number, that’s fine, since variations are endless and
buggers work for everything.  I have salt-water rope-dub jack-buggers that are
just killer in Florida bays. (Ask Jerry Goldsmith)  Just a rope-dub (highly
segmented, tapered) bugger tied with bite tippet with flash green and blue
materials.

I thought a new twist would be to post your pilot-pattern on VFB for a comment
session to get thoughts.  Then if a VFBer wants to join or just post their
comment or even their version (photo), that would make for a real fun swap with
lots of participation that wouldn’t be time-consuming at all.

Any takers?