Great job Don O - in fact better than I can do without having had a stroke. You
are certainly making fast progress. Well done!

Neville (Nev) Gosling

~~~

On Aug 7, 2018, at 16:24, DonO <f...@tribcsp.com> wrote:

To my friends at the VFB - an update and some good news.

My recovery from the stroke is going very well and quickly.  Feeling a little
better each day, but it still feels like  I was rode hard and put up wet.

I have 'issues' with the entire right side of my body, but therapy has given me
limited use of the affected areas.
I have progressed to a cane for walking, but I'm nowhere mobile yet.
My eyesight will take time, but I'm told it will recover- hopefully back to
normal. No hope of tying a #32 RC right now.  40% blind (the right side of each
eye gone).

So that leaves my right hand- the real meat of this memo.

I decided to challenge it and myself by tying a mouse pattern as my first try.
A 1-hour tie took over 20 hours- lost track of time.  Just threading the bobbin
took an hour (spastic muscles with no feeling), tying an anchor took 2 hours.
You get the picture- not pretty.
But out of it crawled Percy (for 'perseverance').  He's not too tightly
wrapped, but that applies to the tier also. But he looks good for a Baits Hotel
resident.

Joyce knows what this fly represent in stroke therapy just 3 months in.

Next- rope dubbing.

Working on my fly casting also. Not pretty either. Neither is my penmanship.

But I did manage to draw a fly if anyone wants to see my 'Picasso'.

Regards, Don