Folks: We have a daughter in law and grandson as well as a niece and her
kids that we knew made out alive as the Nat'l guard/Red Cross let each
family call their families to tell them they survived via sat phone the
other day. However, they all lost their houses. They got to go check on
their houses this morning (couldn't go earlier as their were live wires,
gators, poisonous snakes, boards with nails in them etc and ALL their houses
were GONE, PERIOD. All that was left was the foundations This taught us all
a valuable lesson. You know how the weather ppl tell you that if you live in
a mobile home, that you need to get out and stay out till it's safe to
return. What is taught us was this. And we know two as we lived in DeFuniak
Spgs FL for 25 yrs and got hit by numerous tornadoes and hurricanes (most
notably Hurricane Opal in about '95 or '96 I think. It caught us off guard
and all of our kids were still living at home and it was supposed to hit at
less than 100mph, then be much less than that 45 miles or so inland which is
where we lived. Anyway, during the night it gained speed and hit us at 135+
mph for 8+ hours. All we could do is lay on the floor, and turn the
mattresses over and get under them. Course back then dopplar radar wasn't as
good as it is now. Anyway, I said all that to say this.

You get a direct hit by a tornado or a hurricane, you need to get out if at
all possible because our grandson and daughter in law lived in a mobile home
and the nieces and nephews lived in a site built house and they were both
destroyed. You can click on the link I have provided below taken from space
via the NOAA weather service and see the mobile home park  our daughter in
law and grandson lived  in. Open the link and type in the search bar 1128 S.
Gay Ave, Panama City FL 32404 United States and zoom in. See how the mobile
homes (or what's left of them) are at a diagonal setting right?? Before
Hurricane they were in STRAIGHT rows.

Anyway, getting to the point of the email. Please keep our family members
(and anybody who lost their home)  in your thoughts and prayers as "normal"
is going to be a long way down the road. I don't know about the nieces and
nephews, but our grandson and daughter in law have been wanting to move u
here for a while. So, I guess that "soon" will be NOW. They are staying at
our daughter in laws mother in the mean  time until she settles up with the
insurance company, tries to fine anything at all in that debris pile etc.
Thanks a lot, Chuck

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/michael/index.html#12/30.1392/-85.6810