On 04/03/2016 06:02 PM, Nick S wrote:
Hi guys,

I remember reading that to use Intel GPU on your host you need to
patch your kernel. Is it still required? The reason I am asking is
that I watched the "30k PC" video from Alex blog and it looks like
they are using motherboard GPU for host there with no issues. Also,
is it required for OVMF virtual machines? I am trying to chose
another motherboard for my virtualization PC and I would like to
maximize the PCIE slots available for passthrough.

I believe the VGA arbitration patch is required to use Intel GPU
acceleration on the host when using legacy BIOS in the VM and x-vga=on.
Patching is *not* required when using OVMF in the virtual machine.

Thank you, Nick

--
Regards,
Samuel Holland <sam...@sholland.org>